What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. We may collect other information about you, such as IP address, birthdate, gender, business information, etc. During the conference, photographs and videos may be take any attendees, exhibitors, and guests. Mobile device data may also be collected while accessing our mobile application via Cvent’s AttendeeHub mobile event app.
We may also collect your relevant payment or credit card information. Please be aware that all payment information shall be stored and processed by our third-party payment processors in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). For more information, please visit the PCI Security Standards Council website.
Please be aware that we may collect and aggregate personally identifiable information and may anonymize that information for our own research or internal purposes. Once such data has been anonymized, it cannot be traced back to you, the user.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, make a purchase, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, use live chat, or otherwise enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or other marketing communication, browse our website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your registration and transactions.
- To send you confirmation emails, invoices and payments details.
- To communicate necessary information about our events, including agenda releases, registered course information, and event news and updates.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To promote our services and annual conferences, communicate active agendas and networking opportunities.
- To promote featured speakers, exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers of the events.
- To publish attendee list to the conference mobile app.
- To provide attendance list of sponsored sessions to the sponsor to provide metrics on participation.
- As is otherwise necessary for our legitimate business interests.
Conference Badges and Lead Scanning
Third-party badge scanning technology is used during all STN live events. All conference participants must present applicable conference credentials (printed badges) to access STN hosted and related events. All STN hosted and related events will require attendees, speakers, and exhibitors to be scanned in at the entrance for session attendance tracking and contact tracing.
Exhibitors may request to scan an attendee’s printed conference badge to collect contact information, in lieu of exchanging business cards. This is voluntary, and you do not need to allow exhibitors to scan your badge. Contact information collected through badge scanning includes but is not limited to registrant’s name, email address, title, company name, and work phone number.
When do we share your personal information with others?
We work with other stakeholders to provide the top-level service and experience at our events, and we may need to share your information with registered exhibitors, sponsors and conference speakers, so they may contact you to provide additional information on their related expertise, products and services. We may also share your information with the conference hotel to validate guests booking on our discounted room block. Additionally, a list of registered attendees will be published on our conference mobile app.
Permanent Removal Requests
If you wish to have any of your PII/Personal Data stored by us permanently removed or you have any questions regarding such removal, please contact us at 310-792-2226. We must allow you to port and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different platforms. Please contact our team at (310) 792-2226, if you wish to receive additional information on how to port your data elsewhere. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us as a data controller.
We ask that you not send us and you do not disclose any sensitive Personal Information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, biometrics or genetic characteristics, trade union membership or criminal background) to us, except where explicitly requested or consented to.
We will only retain your PII/Personal Data for as long as required. We will keep your personal information:
For any legally required duration;
Until we no longer have a valid reason to keep or use your PII/Personal Data; or
Upon your request to eliminate, delete, or modify any of your PII/Personal Data stored with us.
Where you have requested modification or deletion of your PII/Personal Data, we may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. If you require additional details regarding the retention of your PII/Personal Data, please contact us at 310-792-2226.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since Web browsers are different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Occasionally and at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Use of Google Services
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Policies. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. Learn more about these policies at: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
This site may use any of the following services:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
Protecting the Privacy of Children
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission enforces COPPA, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out penalties for violations.
We may collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subject lines or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor our third-party email marketing services for compliance.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe at any time.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can contact us here and we will promptly remove you.
STN Media Group
5334 Torrance Blvd. 3rd Fl.
Torrance CA 90503-4012